For Private Practice Owners, These Deadly Sins of Marketing Could Topple Your Profitable Business
Private practice owners often do it all. In addition to clinical work with patients, they juggle office management, administrative tasks, payroll, and customer service. Marketing might seem to fall pretty far down on the list.
Without effective marketing, though, your private practice won’t be around long. Private practice owners can’t afford to ignore the realities of marketing in today’s business environment.
What worked 20 or 50 years ago, perhaps even 5 to 10 years ago, simply won’t cut it today.
I see so many private practice owners whose marketing strategies are practically doomed because of three simple but damaging mistakes:
- Focusing the advertising message on you as the provider—your credentials, training, clinical equipment, or areas of interest—rather than on the patient’s immediate needs.
- Simply listing data or jargon related to office equipment or procedures, as if the average reader will know or care what these things mean.
- Detailing every single thing that you offer to every kind of customer, so that no one thing stands out among the rest (and you look like every provider out there).
So, let’s take a look at the opposites of these major errors, so that you can determine what you SHOULD do to improve your advertising efforts. In sum, effective marketing for private practice owners must include these key factors:
- Targeting a specific type of service to a limited audience
- Making the advertising message about the customer, not about you as the service provider
- Explaining exactly why and how your state-of-the-art equipment will benefit the customer
Following these three very effective tenets of marketing will take you far beyond your current advertising efforts.
I invite you to visit here frequently for more tips about creating a sustainable private practice!
I wish you the best along your journeys!
Want to learn more about how to build your private practice?
Then Join my team experts for a free strategy session HERE
Have a great day!
The PPW team