Subject: National Health Plan?? – please read
Something I felt the need to pass along –
Please forward this to anyone you can think of, Republican or Democrat.Now, onto the doctor’s digest of the bill. If you read anything this year, read this:
The healthcare bill that Congress seems intent on passing is far worse and Orwellian than anything you might have imagined. I am not trying to be histrionic, the way people often get over just about anything. This is life-altering and, unlike most pieces of bad legislation, we will never be able to go back. A doctor (who is a friend of someone I know) has taken the time to read the 1000 page+ bill, something I don’t think a single politician has bothered to do. (Yesterday, John Conyers, a big proponent, actually said this:
“What good is reading the bill if its a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?” You can’t make this stuff up.) This doctor has done the work so we, as citizens, don’t have to all sit down and read the entire thing ourselves. What he found is
frightening in the extreme.
But before I get to his comments, let me disabuse you of one common lie about healthcare: that 46 million Americans are uninsured. Once you remove illegal aliens, the young or well-off who choose to self-insure, and those who are only
lack insurance for temporary periods (less than a year), the real number is closer to 8 million.
Please read what’s in the bill below. After you have read it, I hope you feel the need to call, write, or email your elected representatives. It’s effective, even if you know they won’t likely vote your way. To email, just type the politicians name into your browser, hit the first link, and then hit “contact.” If we can’t be bothered to stand up to something like this, then we truly deserve what we get. The whole process takes maybe 5 minutes.
The citings below are from the proposed house version of the healthcare bill.
[There is a link below to determine who your representatives are in the US House and US Senate. Please take a few minutes in the next day or say and call them to express your displeasure with this bill. Also, please forward this to your friends and ask them to do the same.]
BTW, I saved the best for last.
* Page 16: States that if you have insurance at the time of the bill becoming
law and change, you will be required to take a similar plan. If that is not
available, you will be required to take the govt option!
* Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
* Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
* Page 42: The “Health Choices Commissioner” will decide health benefits for
you. You will have no choice. None.
* Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free
* Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Healthcard.
* Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all
individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
* Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree20and community organizer
health plans (example: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
* Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to
participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
* Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare
Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
* Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services;
translation: illegal aliens
* Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals
for Government-run Health Care plan.
* Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have
no choice in the matter.
* Page 124: No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No “judicial
review” is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private
insurers will be crushed.
* Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
* Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run
public plan. No alternatives.
* Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND
* Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the
public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll <>BR * Page 150: Any employer with a
payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to
6% tax on payroll
* Page 167: Any individual who doesnâ€™t’ have acceptable healthcare (according to
the government)20will be taxed 2.5% of income.
* Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes
(Americans will pay for them). THIS ALREADY HAPPENS
* Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will
have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
* Page 203: “The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax.”
Yes, it really says that.=2 0
* Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the
poor most affected.”
* Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you’ll all be paid the
same (thanks, AMA!)
* Page 253: Government sets value of doctors’ time, their professional judgment,
etc. BTW, they do this to an extent now.
* Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare
* Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven
* Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
* Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems
* Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that
results=2 0in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
* Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in
* Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without
* Page 321: Hospital expansion
hinges on “community” input: in other words, yet
another payoff for ACORN.
* Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e.,
* Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans,
* Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by
* Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
* Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs=2 0for
* Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government
intervenes in your marriage.
* Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and
rationing those services.
The best of the best:
* Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you
get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process).
THIS IS WHAT A DOCTOR USUALLY DOES.
* Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
Can’t wait for them to decide only blue-eyed and blond haired people deserve
* Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens,
assisted suicide, euthanasia?
* Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable
powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of
* Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, gui
you in death.
* Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment;
government dictates how your life ends.
* Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as
patient’s health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans.
An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
* Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at