Make no mistake about it: private practice today is demanding very firm and well defined skill sets. The world is changing so rapidly. The economy is harsh. Many patients are dealing with less than ideal insurance premiums and deductibles. But with all the correct skills and essential qualities, all of this matters very little.
These are Not just your clinical skills. No, these essential qualities are way beyond that.
We’ll expand upon these in future posts, but for today, know that ALL of these are learnable, with the right tools, attitude, and support systems.
- Self directed and willing to stay purposed
- Understands they don’t know it all
- Willing to adopt systems
- Good web and computer based skills (way beyond opening emails)
- Focused on tasks
- Students of New Knowledge
- Ability to communicate well verbally, and with video and possess reasonable writing skills.
- Desires Financial Freedom and works towards it!
- Not afraid to tell patients exactly what they need, never more or less.
Too many doctors do not realize that even in a down economy, they can build an extraordinary practice if they simply master these very learnable skills! Yes, that’s right! Weaker practices do not focus their efforts on these qualities, and as a result are being shaken down because the cream will always rise to the top.
Just reviewing this list, ask yourself: Which of these qualities are my strengths? Where am I lacking? What can I do to make that quality a strength? Each of these qualities are attainable, and when mastered, will benefit your practice immensely.
I wish you the best along your journeys!
Want to learn more about how to build your private practice?
Then Join Me for a free strategy session HERE
Have a great day!